Ideas for a GREAT Summer!
- Read, read, read!
- Practice your typing skills with Dance Mat or Cup Stacking.
- Keep a journal on something that interests you... soccer games, going to the beach (What you notice about the wind, sand, water, people? Is there a connection between the wind and number of people who look happy?), art projects (Describe what you created and how you created it. Did you feel frustrated at any point? What did you do when you got frustrated? What did you do with the final piece of artwork? How did you feel?), etc.
- Build a Rube Goldberg machine. Check out this cool machine built by a 7-year old! There are lots of ideas for Rube Goldberg machines on the internet. You can see the results of contests too. Remember, the machines don't often work right away. It's a trial and error process. Let me know if you make a machine post it on the Internet. I definitely want to see it!
- Continue to explore words (Mad Libs, the visual thesaurus, rhymes) and math games on our website.
- Explore the number lines with decimals and fractions.
Try the Pearl Diver.
Packman and fractions
- Check out the fractions website on our fraction page.
- Work with electrical circuits.
- Check out magnets and springs.
- Use your knowledge about electricity to fix a spaceship.